Monday, July 28, 2014

Wal-Mart

It's funny...  There was a time when I looked forward to a day when I could afford not to shop at Wal-Mart. 

Don't get me wrong, I love the one-stop shopping thing.  And sometimes it really irks me that there isn't a Super Wal-Mart closer to me.  But still...  Sometimes Wal-Mart can be highly annoying.  Like when you wait 15 or 20 minutes for someone to show up at the fabric counter to help you. 

But, recently, we've been in the market for toddler shoes.  Like we were way overdue on getting some.  I'd looked at Target a few weeks ago and didn't find any shoes small enough for munchkin -- that weren't some exorbitant price.  I mean, I just don't think I want to pay $20 for shoes my munchkin won't wear for more than a couple months.

So today I made the trek to Wal-Mart.  Yeah, laugh...  But 15 or 20 minutes is a trek for me around here ;).  Haha.  But we went.  And we found shoes!  Granted, our selection was a little limited still.  Not because Wal-Mart's selection was small, but because my little girl has some thick feet.  I tried to put her feet in some cute sparkly shoes.  No dice.  So we ended up with a couple more plain pairs...  But it's all good.  She won't wear them long anyway, I'm sure :). 

Thus, today I was grateful for Wal-Mart.  Grateful they exist, that they have low prices, and that they had shoes I could get my sweet baby girl's feet into :).

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: