Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Nice Cold Root Beer


I guess, during the summer, I'm grateful for a lot of yummy cold things :).  This evening, I was looking forward to drinking this refreshing soda after I finished working on another batch of jelly.  I don't drink soda often, but when I do...  Lately root beer is my soda of choice :).

I have always enjoyed a good root beer.  It's pretty much the only soda my mom will ever drink, and she really prefers A&W brand.  So I have grown up liking it.  But then, while I was pregnant and about 2/3 of the way through the pregnancy, I suddenly started having this serious hankering for a root beer.  So much so that I splurged on one at Walgreen's (making a special stop there, just for the soda).

And ever since then, I've had a craving for one every now and again, so I decided, when there was a seriously awesome sale once (buy 2 12-packs get 3 free!)...  Well, I decided to stock up for those cravings :).  And now I have a year's supply of root beer under the bed (because I don't go through them that fast) :).

Anyway, sometimes you just need something you're craving.  And tonight is a root beer kind of night.

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: