Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Baby Story Time

So I frequent the library here.  Frequently.  And I've obviously become a regular at one of the branches, because one of the librarians started recognizing me and looking for Baby Girl every time I walked in.  Apparently she is the Children's/Youth Librarian, because a couple weeks ago, she told me about Baby Story Time at 1:00 on Tuesdays. 

And I decided that it was time to start taking our sweet girl to the library for her and not just for her mommy to check out books and movies :).

Today was our first time.  Unfortunately, none of the other kids that usually show up showed up today.  But that meant we had the librarian's undivided attention! 

So we played peek-a-boo with some tulle-like brightly colored fabric squares...  We bounced on mommy's lap while singing a song...  We shook noisy shakers...  And we read Peek-a-Moo!  Which was totally cute. 

That all lasted about 10 or 15 minutes, and that was the end! 

So then we went and checked out some baby signing videos.  We're going to try those out :)...  It's funny how having a baby of your own changes your perspectives and opinions of things!  Because suddenly you understand! 

We plan to go back next week -- and hopefully more babies will be there.  Because though it was still fun, I happen to know my little munchkin loves to be around other babies.  And I want her to start gaining her social skills early.  I think they are important.  I also want her to gain a love of the library early.  Because I think it's important!  And because I love them

Regardless, though, I'm really grateful for library programs, even for my little bug.  Because it helps me help her learn and grow and develop.  It helps us have fun and new things to do together.  And I'm so grateful!

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: