Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The Dishwasher


Most days, I wash dishes by hand.  This is because we don't generate enough dishes (generally) to make using the dishwasher worthwhile.  We'll usually need a dish before it's clean, if we go the dishwasher route.

But sometimes, like when we feed the missionaries or have other company over for dinner (like for Marvelous Monday Meals), I like to use the dishwasher. 

And sometimes, I just don't feel like washing bottles (and other dishes) by hand. 

Today was one of those days...  We use the Dr. Brown bottles (because when our girl was an itty-bitty, she had severe sensitivity to gas; and these were the only bottles -- with a PREMIE nipple -- that would allow her to be comfortable).  And Dr. Brown bottles have extra contraptions that are not the easiest to clean (which is what allows them to prevent so much air getting into the baby, so it's a pretty necessary part).  We are starting to try working her off these bottles, but I don't want to do it to fast with bad results.

So, since I made all new dishes for dinner today (and I have to say I was pretty pleased with it:  onion chicken, parmesan roasted cauliflower, and yam wedges with zesty sauce), I had plenty of dishes to merit a dishwasher run -- and include the bottles.

So I did. 

Which was a good plan, since the sweetness had a really rough time going down tonight...  And softie that I am, I can only let her cry for about 10 minutes before I go rescue her.  Fortunately, she went down easier after spending an extra 30 minutes sitting on mommy's lap.

Thank you, dishwasher...  Tonight, you did most of my work for me :).

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: