Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Frozen Yogurt


The past few years, in lieu of a toy or something, I have taken my little nieces and nephews out for ice cream or frozen yogurt (their choice).  It was a way of spending a little time with each one and celebrating them at the same time. 

Today I took my 5 year old niece for her first frozen yogurt.  And she loved it.

The bonus is that you can't buy some for the kiddo and not for yourself...  Treat for me!! 

I love frozen yogurt.  It's better for you than ice cream, but just as good (in my opinion).  Though I suppose t could be argued that, once I topped it with all that deliciousness, it wasn't as good for me anymore ;)

My theory with frozen yogurt is you can eat the same amount you would have in ice cream and feel half as guilty (at least with my favorite ones from Publix).  I usually don't do that, though.  I figure I might as well have FULL guilt for twice as much consumption :).  It's just good stuff.  And Publix brand frozen yogurt in the South?  Holy goodness...  I love the Black Jack Cherry and the Mint Cookie.  While in Alabama in October, we bought some the night before we left.  And I realized there were a lot more flavors than I remembered from when I lived there!  And some that I'd really like to try one day, like chocolate truffle and key lime. 

Until then, I'll enjoy the little frozen yogurt shop and add all my favorite toppings (which usually are mostly chocolate).  Because it totally rocks the Nilla Life.

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: