Monday, April 14, 2014

Wise Words (Quotes)

I am a collector of words.  A collector of quotes, to be more specific.  I love quotes.  I love the way some people just have a way with words.  The way they can speak a sentence so profoundly that it stays with me for a very long time...  Maybe even forever.

I also love the way people can be witty while stating something that is quite true.

There are some things that just resonate with me.  Statements I totally understand, even if I couldn't come up with the amazing way they were worded on my own.  And so, when I find them, I collect them.  And share them.  They make life happy for me.  Because sometimes they make me laugh.  Sometimes they lift me.  Sometimes they make me smile.  And sometimes they just make me nod my head and think, Yes!  That's it exactly!

So I'm grateful for the wisdom of many people on this earth.  I'm grateful they've shared their wise words.  And I'm grateful I can store them away for future reference.  And future smiles.

So here are a few of my favorites -- from all categories I mentioned above.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans -- John Lennon

True love is not so much a matter of romance as it is a matter of anxious concern for the well-being of one's companion. -- Gordon B. Hinckley

Sometimes in the winds of change we find our true direction. -- Unknown

We must accept that some days we are the pigeon...  But some days we are the statue. -- Unknown

Making the decision to have a child -- its momentous.  It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body. -- Elizabeth Stone

Families are like fudge:  mostly sweet with a few nuts! -- Unknown

Love is what makes two people sit in the middle of the bench when there is plenty of room at both ends. -- Unknown

The only duration of family life that satisfies the loftiest longings of the human soul is forever. -- Russell M. Nelson

Be kind and be grateful that God is kind.  It is a happy way to live. -- Jeffrey R. Holland

When someone yells stop, I don't know if it's in the name of love, it's hammer time, or if I should collaborate and listen.

Storms make trees take deeper roots. -- Dolly Parton

The trick is to enjoy life.  Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead. -- Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Those who move forward with a happy spirit will find that things always work out. -- Gordon B. Hinckley

Choose your love; love your choice. -- Thomas S. Monson

Well, frankly, I could go on and on and on with these.  They're pretty much all my favorite and this doesn't even scratch the surface.  But I do love that there are so many phrases and quotes that lift me and speak to my heart.  Because sometimes I just need it.

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: