Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Our Air Mattress


I bought this air mattress in October of 2006.  I was about to move to Tuscaloosa... without my furniture

That was a whirlwind of a time back then.  I barely found a place to live (an event I count among the most amazing miracles/blessings/tender mercies in my life) and couldn't coordinate a furniture move by the time I needed to be there to begin work.  So I packed up my Buick with what I could fit (twice) and headed to my new home. 

And rather than sleep on the floor...  I got an air mattress.  A cool one that inflates itself!!!  Bonus!

And it's definitely been one of my best purchases. 

Because it served me well those 3 weeks in Tuscaloosa before I moved my bed up (along with my other furniture).

And then it served me well for 6 months after I moved into my first place here in Washington.  But it doesn't fit two quite so well, so we had to replace it with a real mattress on our wedding day.  Haha.

But now it serves us well for times when we have someone extra sleeping here.  Like tonight, when my niece is here :).  The one thing we (unfortunately) don't have is a 3rd bedroom...  So we'll see how Baby Girl does with sleepover company tonight in her room...  I'm hoping it all goes well.  I'm pretty sure the (almost) teenager will have no problem sleeping through the restless baby.  Too bad we lose that ability when we get older ;)...

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: