Sunday, April 20, 2014

That He Lives

Today, being Easter, we celebrated the Resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ. 

I took the resurrection cookies I made to both my Sunday School class as well as for all the young women -- and we discussed the cookies:  the ingredients which were symbolic of various aspects of the Savior's Crucifixion, and the cookies, which were symbolic of His empty tomb. 

And I felt the Spirit testify to me, again, as I bore my testimony about it, that He lives.

And because He lives, we will too.  Death will not be the end.

It means I will one day meet my great-great-grandmother, after whom I am named.

It means I will one day meet and know and be able to hold the precious baby who gave me hope, but whom we did not have the opportunity to know in this life.

I am grateful for the comfort and peace that comes from knowing death is not the end -- that it is a new beginning. 

And I am grateful to my Savior...  Because it is all because of Him.

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: