Saturday, April 12, 2014

Being Able to Watch My Husband be a Daddy


It's been a beautiful week here.  Today was no exception.  So in the afternoon, we all went on a little adventure.  We picked up some lunch and headed to one of the city parks by the water.

And there, I found my grateful.  As I watched my husband walk around with our sweet baby girl, I reflected on the blessings of my life. 

There really is something amazing and wonderful and attractive about watching the man I love be a daddy

It was a joy to watch him bent over walking -- with her little hands in his -- all over our little spot (and maybe even a little further).  It was fun to watch him be patient as she tried out the feel of grass on her feet before walking.

He is her favorite play-mate.

We have learned, in the last almost-eleven months, that becoming mommy and daddy is life changing in ways we didn't anticipate before -- and on more levels than one.  But what a treasure it is to watch my husband fill this role.  To see his sacrifice of love as he gently takes our daughter by her tiny hands... and helps her learn to walk.  I know these are glimpses of things to come.

And, in case you were wondering, the butterfly on her cute bottom was my second grateful today ;).

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: