Sunday, December 1, 2013

Christmas Music

It's that time of year again!  And one of my favorite parts of the Christmas season is the Christmas music!!  My memories of Christmas are not complete without memories of the Christmas records (and later CDs) being pulled out and played from the time we set up and decorated our tree until the day after Christmas. 

My mom has some unconventional Christmas music, and I can't say I have followed in her footsteps as far as that goes.  But I still remember them.  Like this one, called "Children Go Where I Send Thee."  But over the years I have found some of my own favorites -- in addition to the traditional ones.  They just add something to Christmas.  Something warm and happy.  Something moving and beautiful.  Something I can't do without. 

I'm grateful for those with musical talents who share and bring the spirit of Christmas more abundantly into my life with music.  I'm grateful for those who share the beautiful messages of a Savior born in Bethlehem.  I'm grateful for the way music can share truth in such a beautiful way.  And I'm grateful to have these wonderful songs to begin our Christmas traditions in our family.  So below are some of my favorites :).

Do They Know it's Christmas -- because my life requires 80s music... all. the time.

Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth -- just LOVE this version of the song.  And I love the song in general, so I like most versions of it.  But somehow, Bowie and Crosby hit the spot for me (maybe it's the crush I had on David Bowie when he was the Goblin King?).

Breath of Heaven -- Beautiful.  Just beautiful.  I don't need to say more.

God Bless Your Way -- Another beautiful message.  It brings tears to my eyes every time.  They say you're from heaven...  And that you've been sent here for my sake.  Good luck on your journey and God bless your way.

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: