Thursday, December 26, 2013

My Cheese Grater


We buy the big Costco block of cheese.  Presumably because it's cheaper to just shred it than to buy it shredded.  I haven't actually crunched the numbers (and maybe I should...). 

For some reason, one of my least favorite things in the cooking department (second only to cutting onions) is shredding cheese.  I know, I know... Lazy.  I think it's partially (or mostly) because I don't enjoy washing that thing.  

So as I was shredding cheese in preparation for some home-made cheesy potato soup, I was being complainy (mentally) and thinking about how I hate shredding cheese (I'm a bit of a drama queen sometimes ;)). 

And then I thought about how great it is that I actually have a cheese grater.  I mean, how the heck would I have shredded cheese otherwise -- besides buying it?  Or how did they have it back in the day?  Maybe they didn't.  And so, rather than whining about how I would have to clean this boxy thing later (because that's what I usually complain about ;))... I decided to be grateful for this wonderful tool that allows me to have shredded cheese quite quickly and quite easily. 

And maybe I'll stop complaining about something so silly in the future and just be grateful!

What are you grateful for today?

1 comment:

Heid said...

I always buy cheese blocks and shred them. They're not necessarily cheaper, but at least then my cheese doesn't have that powdery stuff on it to keep it from squishing together.