Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Christmas Trees


No flash = blurry picture.  But at least the lights show up.

There's just something about Christmas trees at Christmas.  We went out and cut this tree at my in-laws' house this morning.  It didn't look so huge when we were outdoors and it was in its element...  Turns out we only have 1/2 an inch of room to spare!  And clearly, we still have some decorating to do (I only had 2 strands of lights, and this tree needs more than that...).  But even in its unfinished state, this tree has added some magic to our little home.  I've felt cheerier and oh-so-excited about Christmas. 

And munchkin loved the lights (and wanted so badly to get her hands on them...).

I appreciate the talk I heard at church on Sunday where some of the symbolism of the Christmas tree and how it points us to Christ was shared.  Of course, there is the evergreen aspect.  The idea of eternal life through Him.  But I had never before heard the symbolism of the triangular shape -- symbolic of the Godhead, or the fact that it points upward toward God.  It was nice to add those to my little Christmas thoughts.

I'm grateful for our tree and for the Christmas spirit it has brought into our home as we get ready to celebrate at this time of year.

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: