Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Nieces and Nephews

I suppose I'm a little biased, but I think I have the best nieces and nephews ever.  And most of them live nearby. 

Today, while celebrating the one who turned 5, I was able to spend time with almost all of them (except the two currently living in Utah).  What a treat! 

Prior to having my own little munchkin, my siblings and siblings-in-law were kind enough to let me enjoy their babies a lot.  I've taken them for frozen yogurt and ice cream.  I've had them spend the night.  I've danced with them at a "ball" (and for some reason always had to be the prince ;)).  I've made indoor tents with them, tickled them, baby-sat them, dressed them in "gowns" and "capes" (blankets and pillowcases).  I've snuggled them as babies -- and hugged them as not-so-much-babies-anymore.  They've been baking helpers, packing "helpers," and gardening helpers. 

They have added such richness to my life.  I am blessed to call them mine as nieces and nephews.  Blessed to have them nearby.  And grateful to have them in my life.

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: