Saturday, December 28, 2013

Twinkies

 


Want something that can put a smile on your face?  Arrive home to a package outside your door!! 

I got a belated Christmas package today from my awesome friend April.

Want something that can put an even bigger smile on your face?  Open the box and find...  twinkies.  (Among other awesome things... but this is all about twinkies ;)).

About a year ago, when the announcement came out that there would be no more twinkies...  Well, my heart broke a little bit.  What kind of a world doesn't have twinkies!?!  No world I want to live in!  Haha... 

Okay, a little dramatic.  But I was saddened by the news.  Twinkies are just a staple.  They should always exist.  My husband and I tried to find some at a grocery store after the announcement, but of course all were sold out by then. 

Thankfully, some other company decided to buy out Hostess.  I can still remember seeing twinkies back on the shelf for the first time in a year.  And I totally snagged a box that day.

The box of twinkies now says "The sweetest comeback in the history of ever."  And yeah, that about sums it up. 

I'm grateful for twinkies.  They make me happy :).

Plus, it doesn't hurt that my siblings and I share a funny memory about strawberry twinkies (don't think they make those anymore, but oh about...  20 or so years ago they did...) and waking up my brother's friend Kristian during a sleepover birthday party so he could eat one -- and he started crying because he wanted to sleep.  Apparently we thought the twinkies were that important that we woke up that poor kid.

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: