Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Our Savior's Birth

Last Christmas, before I quit working, I received a Christmas card from a co-worker.  On the front of the card was a simple, but beautiful, picture of Mary, holding a tiny infant in her arms -- the Christ child.  No words were written.  But on the inside, in a single poignant sentence, the message of Christmas was shared, and it touched my heart.  So much so that I decided to keep that card for every year.

"In her arms she held the hope of the world."

Never has a card touched me so profoundly.  Perhaps it was that I was on the verge of motherhood myself.  Or perhaps it was the simplicity and beauty of the card.  The truth held within.

In ten small words, the meaning of Christmas was shared.  For with His birth, hope was born.

So, on this day set aside to celebrate and remember our Savior's birth, I give thanks that He came.  And that He came for me.

Merry CHRISTmas.

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: