Saturday, December 7, 2013

The Booger Sucker


So for the past few days, this thing has been my best friend.  And my baby girl's worst enemy.  Especially when she's tired. 

I thought I was getting some good use out of this thing when I would successfully use it to snag an annoying booger hanging out in her nose (why are moms so gross!?!  Haha).  Or the few days she sounded a little congested and I was dreading her having a cold and was so surprised when she had no real issues (maybe those were just allergies or change of season sniffles?).  Anyway, I'd break out this bad boy and suction her nostrils.  And I thought I was doing some good. 

I had no idea how powerful this sucker (no pun intended ;)) could be with a completely nasty icky cold!  Let's just (sarcastically) say the last two days have been particularly pleasant -- and this thing has been put to good use! 

I'm hoping that's a sign that this is almost over!

And yeah, I guess it's kind of a gross thing.  But how did women do this back in the days before these things existed?  For one thing, it helps me keep the kiddo's nose from being all snot-covered (well, at least most of the time...).  For another -- I can't imagine how miserable she'd be if I couldn't help her a little bit by using this thing!  Not that I'm suggesting she's a huge fan of it anyway.  She hates it.  But I believe it's helping her a little bit, at least. 

Anyway, I'm grateful I have it, that's for sure.  I can't imagine going through a cold with a baby without it! 

I don't think I'm quite on board with the battery-powered ones that collect all the snot in a little container that's attached, though.  I mean -- it's cool.  And I bet it works wonderfully.  But it kind of grosses me out.

Nonetheless, I'm thankful for booger suckers and whoever invented them!

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: