Sunday, September 28, 2014

A New Calling -- and Working in it with my Sister-in-Law!

Last Sunday I was called to be the new nursery leader in our Ward (church congregation).  This means my munchkin will not have to learn how to go to nursery without Mommy there.  ;)... 

It's a great calling, though.  True, it can be exhausting...  More than 10 littles ages 18 months to 3 years -- with about a bajillion times the amount of energy I have...  Yeah.  Exhausting. 

But it's also one of the greatest callings ever.  Because they love so much.  I remember having this calling while I lived in Tuscaloosa.  I remember those kids (who are all 8 or so now) coming and sitting on my lap while I sat on the floor.  And I smile as I watch my own kiddo do it now.  Clearly it's an age thing ;).  The kids are amazing. 

And today I found out I get to work with my sister-in-law with this calling, because she was called to serve in the nursery with me!  I'm excited that we'll get to work together to teach and love these kiddos.  I'm sure she and I will have great opportunities to grow closer and make fond memories :).

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: