Tuesday, September 23, 2014

A Rainbow of Colors!

So actually, my original intent with choosing this was the cross-stitch threads and the variety I happen to have (probably about half of them came from an awesome deal I got back in 2006 while garage-sale-ing with Juliebean). 

Because, as I am working on my munchkin's quiet book (hopefully to be finished for a Christmas present!), I am so grateful I can go to my cross-stitch threads and match colors with my felt pieces! 

But as I was getting ready to take this picture, another thought occurred to me:  I'm grateful for a rainbow of colors in this world! 

Wouldn't everything be drab if it was all black, white, and gray?

Granted, I guess if that's all we knew (we as a collective species), we wouldn't know what we were missing...  And this thought just led me to appreciate the fact that I'm not color blind or completely blind (grateful for this again!). 

The world is so full of beautiful colors.  I'm grateful for that -- and grateful I have the ability to enjoy them and experience them.  It's a great blessing :).

And so are my many cross-stitch threads :).

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: