Sunday, September 7, 2014

Our Couch

When I was still single and just about to move out of my mom's house and into my very own place here in Washington, I needed some furniture. 

Specifically, a couch.

It was a small thing, true.  But I remember praying that I would find a good couch for not a lot of money...  I couldn't afford much.

Then one day, the week before I was moving into my own place, I went to the Goodwill on my lunch break.  And there, sitting out front of the Goodwill, was this couch.  I was so bummed, because I was just positive it was already sold.  But I went over to it anyway and took a closer look.  As I did so, I was just positive that, even if it wasn't sold, it would be way out of my price range.  I mean, it was a nice couch.

$35.00. 

I could not believe it!  And, it wasn't sold!  I immediately ran inside and paid for it, after asking if they could hold it for me until I could come back with someone who had a vehicle able to transport it for me.  (Fortunately, my brother Brad was kind enough to help me with that). 

This has been a wonderful couch.  It's pretty roomy.  It's comfortable in the big poofy couch way.  It has high arms that I lean against often.

I have spent hours on this couch reading, typing, watching movies, feeding my baby, reading to my baby...

It was totally one of the best purchases ever.

And it was a reminder to me that Heavenly Father hears my prayers -- even when it's about a small thing.

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: