Monday, September 29, 2014

Modern Dentistry

Today was a day for getting cavities filled.

Way fun, right?

But as I sat there with the right half of my mouth numb and a huge bite-down block in my mouth, along with a suctioner, two dentist hands, and an array of various dental tools, it occurred to me that I'm grateful for modern dentistry. 

I'm grateful for Novocaine, which allowed me not to feel pain.

I'm grateful for the bite block that allows me to rest my jaw and not have to keep my mouth open.

I'm grateful for the suction thing that kept my mouth relatively clean through the process.

I'm grateful for those tools that are clean and made to make the job faster, easier, and better.

And I'm grateful for the dentist's hands which have been trained to be able to do deal with cavities.  So that I can keep my own personal teeth for as long as possible.

So as much fun as it isn't to get fillings and shots to numb...  I'm grateful that I live now when it's a lot better than I can only imagine it used to be.

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: