Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Health Insurance

Today our little miss had her 15-month check-up. 

She really isn't a baby anymore

She is so good, though.  The Nurse Practitioner we see had a student with her who is learning to be a nurse practitioner.  And at the end of the check-up, our nurse practitioner said, "Well, she was really easy on you!" (speaking to the student).  Yeah, my munchkin is pretty mellow for the most part.  She even only cried after the 3rd shot -- the stingy one. 

Anyway, that's all a side-note.  The fact is, I'm grateful for health insurance that allows me to make appointments and make sure our little girl is thriving.  I look forward to seeing how she's grown at each appointment.  This time, we noticed that she has definitely been slimming up.  Well, we noticed it before... now we have the numbers to prove it.  She is now in the 77th percentile for weight (rather than the 85th).  And she is in a higher percentile for height than she was before...

I'm grateful, too, that if something seems amiss or she gets sick, I have the comfort of knowing I can take her to the doctor and she will be taken care of. 

There was only one time in my life when I didn't have health insurance.  Thankfully, I didn't have cause to need it during that year and a half.  And I was so very grateful when I did have it again.  Because even if I don't have a medical emergency, it's nice to be able to get check-ups -- just like I was able to do for my baby girl today.  It's a good thing :).

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: