Thursday, September 11, 2014

Rewards From the Dentist

...No, not for me.

Though, if they want to reward me, they can do my fillings for free...

I'm not holding my breath ;).

Today I took my munchkin in for her very first dentist visit.  They call it a "Happy Visit." 

Since my generally mellow kiddo who didn't even cry until the 3rd (and stinging) shot the other day cried almost immediately when the dentist came in... I'm going to say they may want to consider changing the name ;).

I think it was more because she was unsure and things happened fast.  She was on my lap and then leaned back so he could apply fluoride.  She didn't like the new experience. 

But she did like the little duck and the dinosaur she got as a reward for surviving.  And after the fluoride was applied and she was back completely in my arms, she was fine with it.  She even started "talking" to the dentist toward the end.

But yeah, the Happy Visit is just for her to get introduced and to apply the fluoride (if the kiddo lets them) and for the dentist to give me tips to help her baby teeth stay healthy so we can avoid dental work when she's 2 or something.

But yeah, she totally scored at the dentist office today.  All I got when I went was the bad news that I needed 2 fillings.  And okay, maybe they also gave me floss, a toothbrush, and toothpaste...

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: