Monday, September 15, 2014

Baby Reference Books

Today was a typical day.  Busy.  But pretty normal. 

Except Munchkin didn't want to go to bed right away (which isn't exactly abnormal).  And since she wasn't in a bad fussy mood (anymore -- she had been almost all day), I didn't mind her being awake.  So I put away laundry and did some other things on my to-do list. 

And then I heard her start crying from her room (which I had just left like 10 seconds previously).  She had been climbing into and out of the glider.  And apparently the momentum of the glider caught her -- with the corner of the arm of the glider smacking her right on the forehead. 

I went right in and checked to see what was wrong (and discovered the above).  She crawled into the glider, and I kissed her head and told her I was sorry she'd gotten smacked by the chair.  And then I saw it...  I dark purplish spot and a huge chichon starting to rise. 

Literally all within 30 seconds of getting smacked in the head.  I knew then it had been quite a smack. 

She acted fine.  And stayed up an additional 40 minutes.  While i perused some baby reference books given to me by one of my sweet sisters-in-law before we had our munchkin. 

The good news is that it seems there is little to worry about, because she acts fine.  And goose-eggs like that one are common.  But I'll still be checking on her a little extra tonight -- to make sure she's breathing normal :).

I'm grateful to have reference materials, though...  It always gives me peace of mind when something like this happens.  But boy howdy is she going to have a bruise!

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: