Saturday, September 20, 2014

Fever Reducer Roll-On

So my baby girl had a fever.  It was sad.  She has had several colds in her young life (almost all post-put-everything-in-her-mouth stage), but very few fevers.  Like maybe two.

I don't like the fevers.  Not that I like the colds.....  But I really don't like the fevers.

They seem more dangerous.

Anyway, we discovered that neither of our baby thermometers work -- both batteries were dead.  Yay, right?  One of them has never been used and the other was used once when she was newborn.  And the batteries are dead.  Super lame.

But I knew I wanted to help my little girl feel better.  And I'm not the biggest fan of medicines.  So if I can avoid them, I try to.  Hence, I recalled one of the baby shower gifts my sister-in-law Gwen gave us!  She uses and sells doTERRA Essential Oils, so for some baby gifts, she gave us several things that would help us as we faced some of the challenges of parenthood.  Things such as diaper rash, gas, and fevers.

So I used the fever reducer roll-on.  And I noticed a drop in her temperature (by touch, since I didn't have a thermometer), every time I used it within about 30 minutes.  Now maybe it's coincidence...  But I don't think it was.  And so I'm grateful I had this tool and that it worked!  I didn't have to give her medicine.  I will one day, I'm sure.  But I appreciate having alternatives to try that are more natural first.

What are you grateful for today?


2 comments:

the happy thomas family said...

... reading this on the heels of lathering myself up with oils ...

the happy thomas family said...

And I hope that sweet girl feels better soon.