Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Elmo

Trust me, at no point in my history did I ever think I would be grateful for Elmo -- that red furry Sesame Street muppet.

But kids will change you, that's for sure!  And my sweet little girl loves Elmo.  Loves him. Which makes me glad he happened to be included on her I Spy quilt (long before I knew she was going to be enamored with him).

So when she sees Elmo anywhere, she starts trying to do the "la la la la" song (Elmo's song).  So I usually take over and start singing it for her (yes, I now know the Elmo song) and she starts swaying back and forth -- dancing. 

We check out Elmo books from the library. 

She brings me the Elmo DVDs (Sesame Street) and we look for those at the library too.

And today, Elmo helped me accomplish more than I otherwise would have...  She wanted to watch Elmo -- and I wanted to get some stuff done.  It was a win/win situation. 

And, frankly, I love how cute she is when she starts squealing in delight when Elmo comes on screen.  It's worth it -- and so I'm grateful for that dadgum muppet.  Who knew?

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: