Sunday, September 21, 2014

Commitment

It has been said that "Commitment means staying loyal to what you said you were going to do long after the mood you said it in has passed."  I don't know who said it.  But I like it. 

Because it's true. 

We make commitments in many ways and at many times throughout our lives.  Sometimes it is easy to follow through with what we said we were going to do, because it's easy -- or fun.

Other times...  It's not so easy.

And that's when you find out if you're truly committed.

And when you are, I believe there is power in commitment.  Power to help you get through when you simply don't want to -- whether that feeling lasts for a small moment or a long time.

Commitment is a blessing.  And I'm grateful for it.  Grateful for the times I've been committed -- for the times others have been committed to me.  Even when it wasn't always easy or fun.

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: