Tuesday, September 16, 2014

That My Eye Appointment Was Not as Bad as I'd Expected

...And I mean that cost-wise.

See, we have preventative-only vision insurance.  Or whatever you want to call that where they pay for the exam.  Well, and I guess it covers a portion of the glasses as well.  But nothing for contacts.

I have bad eyes, people.  Really bad eyes.  With an astigmatism.  Which means my contacts aren't ever the cheap kind -- or the kind they have in stock so I can have a sample pair while I wait for mine to come in. 

Usually this means I am an expensive person to buy contacts for.  I was expecting the absolute worst. 

So I was pleasantly surprised when even my grand total after buying 1 year's (for me 2 years' -- I'm naughty) worth of contacts for both eyes plus the copay plus the "fitting fee" was cheaper than what I thought it would be just for 1 year's supply for one eyeball.

I was also happy to hear I haven't damaged my eyes with my bad-contact-wearing-habits.  And that my prescription hasn't really changed, so I didn't have to worry about new glasses either.

Bonus!

I teasingly told my husband that he got an expensive wife after all...  Just not in the way he was thinking originally ;)...  (My eyeballs and teeth are usually more costly than he was anticipating...)

Anyway, I'm glad for that good news.  And also glad I'll have contacts again in a week...  I'm on my last pair and have been for several months.  

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: