Thursday, September 4, 2014

Getting My Veggies Via Yummy Green Smoothie!

This morning my munchkin and I went over to hang out with a friend and her kiddos.  Somewhere around mid-morning, my friend made everyone green smoothies. 

This was my first ever green smoothie! 

Not because I was opposed to having one.  Frankly, the thought of getting my veggies disguised in a delicious smoothie was very appealing to me.  But I still have an old-school blender, and I simply don't think it would be quite as nice an experience as with one of those super-awesome-high-power-motor blenders...

So today, since my friend Janet has one of those nifty blenders, I had my first green smoothie.  And so did my munchkin.  And she sucked down her share of it out of my glass, so I'm pretty positive I can speak for her and say she loved it too!

So I got zucchini, kale, spinach, beet tops, and crookneck squash disguised by banana, pineapple, 3 berries, and a couple other ingredients that weren't produce (like a milk and protein thing).

It was really good.  And I got a lot of veggies.  By 11:00 this morning.  Which is gangbusters in my book!  And so is Janet.

I need to get one of those blenders...

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: