Friday, September 19, 2014

Answered Prayers

So last night, I had a hard time sleeping.  I was stressed out about a couple of things which kept me tossing and turning much of the night.  So much so that I woke my poor husband up at 4 a.m. after being awake for an hour myself. 

I had prayed about these issues prior to going to bed, knowing myself and my amazing capacity to worry and fret and stress over the smallest issues.

And because I'm not good at letting go, I fretted and worried and stressed despite my prayer and my sure knowledge that Heavenly Father hears me and cares about me.  Because I'm just that awesome.

Nonetheless...  Heavenly Father still answered my prayers, as he always has before.  And today found happy resolution to both of the things that had stressed me out all night long.

So I'm grateful for answered prayers.  Though not always answered the way I want, I know they are always answered.  It just so happened that, today, the answers were the ones I'd hoped would come. 

I'm also grateful that I'm pretty sure I'll be sleeping way better tonight :).  Because I need it!

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: