Tuesday, June 24, 2014

A Clothes Line


Now that it's summer time, it's mostly warmer here in Washington.  Most days, at least.  And most days have some sunshine.  (I'm okay with the lack thereof when there isn't and it isn't...  Because it keeps the apartment cool.)  So we've decided to capitalize on some free clothes drying :).  Just because we want to experiment and see if it makes much of a difference in our electric bill.  We have one of those "apartment" washer/dryer combo things, and it's not very big.  Ergo, I've noticed that almost every load requires two dry cycles.  So I'm thinking this may be a significant impact.

And even if it doesn't, they sure do smell nice and sunshine-y after hanging out to dry!  Plus, Baby Girl loves to be outside toddling around, and she loves to "help" with the laundry (which constitutes picking up the damp item, sucking on it, and handing it to me...), so this gives us an outside activity to do. 

Anyway, our space is limited, so I can only do one load a day like this, but I'm grateful my husband could hang out a clothes line to try this out :).  Honestly, it's been kind of enjoyable for me!

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: