Friday, June 13, 2014

Call the Midwife


It may seem ridiculous to be grateful for a tv show...  But sometimes I am.  And this is one of them.  I love this show.  I appreciate that it is pretty clean for a modern-day show.  It is set in the 1950s, so that may be why...  But I appreciate that.  True, there are situations described in the show that aren't happy-go-lucky.  But I feel they are, over all, handled very well. 

There is also humor in the show, and I enjoy that.

But what I like best is how it always seems to end with an uplifting note.  Each episode talks of love and hope. 

And if you just feel like you need a good cry...  Well, this will do it for ya...  I tear up and cry in almost every episode.  (Which isn't like me, generally...). 

I'm not sure if they'll be making more seasons...  I hope they do.  And, since the series is based on a book, I plan to read that in the not-too-distant future. 

Anyway, this, to me, is a feel-good show.  And seriously...  I just get all sorts of emotional about it ;).

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: