Monday, June 23, 2014

My Zune


My sister gave me this Zune for Christmas in 2008.  And I have used it.  A lot.

See, back when I worked at the funeral home, I spent a lot of time in the file room (I was reorganizing their filing system).  And I was alone out there.  And, frankly, I am of the opinion that music -- awesome music -- makes the time go faster.  So I started bringing my Zune and jamming to the tunes.  And singing along.  I was "caught in the act" of singing out there multiple times.  And the file room was eventually dubbed the music box, because of my penchant for pelting out songs in my solitude (which sometimes wasn't so solitary ;)).  There's just something about singing out to The Spice Girls, The Bangles, The Cranberries.  And there's just something awesome about telling an empty file room [I] can dance if [I] want to...

Well, once I quit that job, my next one wasn't as music-friendly.  So I didn't use the Zune nearly as much.  And now that I'm at home with my munchkin, I don't tend to jam out all that frequently.  But when I do, I just use the computer.  And she dances to the beat :).  But tonight I was looking at my sink-full of dishes at 9:00.  And I thought, "You know, this would be a lot less annoying if I could jam out to music."  But the husband and the baby are asleep.  And I don't think waking them just for the sake of a musical dish-washing session is quite worth the consequences :).

And then I remembered my Zune.  And it definitely improved the chore of dish-washing.  Because who can't get lost in Peter Gabriel's "In Your Eyes"?  One of the best songs... in the history of ever :).

(The only downfall:  I can't really sing my heart out with two sleepy-heads in the next rooms.  Guess I'll have to settle for lip-syncing.  And gesturing like a crazy woman to the beat ;).)

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: