Sunday, June 15, 2014

My Heavenly Father

Seeing as it is Father's Day, I wanted to focus my gratitude that today.  Because I have a great father.  So great, in fact, that I actually wrote a grateful post about my earthly father several months ago, after we returned from our visit to see him in October/November.  I love my dad immensely.  It is because of my earthly father that I can comprehend the love of my Heavenly Father.  It is why I believe firmly that He exists, that He knows me, that I am literally one of His children, and that, as such, He loves me.  Perfectly.

And so, today, I will express my gratitude for my Heavenly Father.  I believe it is because of Him that I have all the wonderful things I have.  He has blessed me to have so much.  I have seen His hand in my life.  I have witnessed miracles sent by Him.  I have experienced the fulfillment of promises He has given me.  I know He knows me.  I know He cares about what I go through in this life.  I know He hurts for me when I hurt.  And that He rejoices with me when I feel joy and happiness.  I know He created this beautiful Earth that I might come here to experience mortality:  He gave me a home.  I know that He wants the best for me.  Now and in the eternities to come.

And I know all of these things, because He blessed me with a father who exemplifies those same things:  he knows, he cares, he hurts, he rejoices, he gave me a home, he wants the best for me.  And because I can understand the love of an earthly father, I can believe in and somewhat comprehend the love of a Heavenly Father too.

I am a child of God, and He has sent me here.  Has given me an earthly home with parents kind and dear.


Though I lack the ability to see things quite exactly from the perspective of this video (due to the fact I am a female), I do believe that "all that I am and all that I have is because He is a Father to me."  And I also think this is a beautiful video about fatherhood.  I absolutely love the quote at the end from the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles:

"...of all the titles of respect and honor and admiration that are given to Deity, He has asked us to address Him as Father."

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: