Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Awesome Board Games (and Fun Food) -- and Awesome People to Play Them With!


Tonight, being a Tuesday, was youth activity night.  The girls were going to play a board game, and since there weren't many of them and there weren't many of the guys... We decided to invite the guys to join.  What resulted was definitely one of the most fun nights of youth activities I've attended so far as one of their leaders!

We played a hilarious game of "Would You Rather...?"  A game which I'd never played before, but which is totally awesome.  Definitely a great game for a big group!  Basically, the person whose turn it is reads a question (silently) and decides the answer he or she thinks the group will agree on -- or at least a majority will.  The player notes their guess.  Then reads the question out loud.  And the rest of the group has 90 seconds to argue, coerce, convince, etc the rest of the group while trying to reach a consensus.  Questions range from "Would you rather be in the ocean surrounded by dozens of sharks OR be in the ocean with only one shark nearby, but you're bleeding?" to "Would you rather have tufts of hair on your tongue OR on your nose (no hair removal)?"  Hahahahaha.  We all laughed so hard.  And don't even get me started on some of the challenges...  Like when one girl had to be blindfolded and try to identify 3 other players by touching their faces!  Yep, this board game is awesome.  I should buy it.  And play it again with a group as hilarious and fun as these teenagers are.  Can you imagine having to comb your tongue after eating!?!  Oh the things they came up with!  Hahahaha....

In addition to the fun game, I had made fun food!  One of the gals is graduating this weekend, and we wanted to do something a little special for her.  So I made cupcakes with little graduation hats on top (made of candy) and tied ribbon around Little Debbie Swiss Rolls to look like diplomas!  You can read more about that here (I wish I could say I came up with that idea by myself, but I'm not that cool...  I can, however, copy stuff I found on Pinterest).

So tonight was a great night of fun.  And I'm grateful for fun, wholesome games that provide lots of laughter and good memories :).

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: