Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Toilet Paper


Well, I am sad to report that the hopes of semi-local honey helping to stave off my allergies were dashed.  The last two days have found me sneezing to the point of craziness -- and having a drippy nose nearly non-stop.  I'm still grateful for the honey, though... It's good and it did give me hope...

And no matter what, these allergies (though unpleasant) are way better than last year.  Maybe they are equal in magnitude; but with a newborn, I was definitely less well-equipped to deal with them while also dealing with lack of sleep, learning how to be a family of 3, and a healing body.  So this year just seems way better.

And so, since I have allergies...  It brings to the forefront my gratitude for toilet paper.  Because we sort of aren't tissue-buying people.  (Honestly, it just never occurs to me... I just use toilet paper when I need to blow my nose.)  I'm grateful to have gobs and gobs of toilet paper (we always have an entire unopened Costco pack -- in addition to our opened one) so that I can go through a roll a day during my allergy season.  And yeah, my chaffed nose isn't thrilled about any of this.  And it's annoying to go to the bathroom 50 times a day just to blow my nose (but I'd do that anyway, even with tissue, if anyone but me and the baby were home... I just can't stand to blow my nose in front of people!).  But even so...  I'm grateful for the toilet paper.

And even if I didn't have allergies (like I didn't for 30 years...), I'd still be very grateful for toilet paper.  Because, frankly, my bum prefers the soft comfort of 2-ply way better than what I can only imagine (thankfully I've avoided learning for sure) a leaf or corn husk might feel like...  I'm just sayin'.

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: