Saturday, June 28, 2014

Tennis Shoes


...and very white legs -- but not the mosquito I just realized while looking at the picture was on me and must have been trying to suck my blood.

One of the opportunities that comes with working with the youth at church is being able to accompany them on various activities.  Frozen yogurt trips...  Fun party games...  5 mile hikes up a mountain...

Okay, so my out-of-shape self may not be quite as excited about that last one...  But it made the journey!  This morning we hiked 5 miles (well, 2 1/2 each way) up Green Mountain.  And was I ever grateful for my tennis shoes! 

These shoes have walked miles and miles and miles.  In lots of places.  I bought them a decade ago in Dothan.  I can still remember being in the shoe store at the Wiregrass Commons Mall trying shoes on and choosing these.  Funny the things we remember.  And they've joined me in my journey to Tuscaloosa, and now to Washington.  And today they hiked a mountain. 

So... they are a pretty awesome thing, in my book.

Also, I forewarned everyone I was with that I was going to be grateful for them today... That way they didn't think I was too terribly crazy when I started taking pictures of my feet :).

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: